Mid & South Essex Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (formerly Success Regime)
Report of the EoE Clinical Senate Independent Clinical Review Panel held on 5 December 2018.
The East of England Clinical Senate has to date reviewed emerging proposals for the Mid and South Essex STP (formerly Success Regime) on five separate occasions:
• In June 2016, which focused on the early emerging thinking,
• In October 2016, which considered in more detail the five potential configuration options that subsequently fed into the Programme’s formal options appraisal process,
• In September 2017, when the panel conducted a preliminary review of the programme’s final pre-consultation proposals
• In October 2017 when the panel carried out a more in-depth review of the proposals for stroke services and
• In April 2018 as a ‘stage 2’ review for eight clinical services, including general surgery.
The scope of this review is the proposals for emergency general surgery, focussing on those elements delivered in full or in part at Basildon Hospital as part of the clinical services provided by the three main hospitals within the STP footprint – Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals NHS FT, Southend University Hospital FT and Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust (Broomfield Hospital). All other services are outside the immediate scope of this review, although any impact on those will be taken into consideration as they relate to the model of care for patients on emergency general surgery pathways particularly involving Basildon.